Keeping your things organized can be a real chore and one that seems never-ending. Here are some tips that should help to keep both the large and the small neat and organized.
- When buying furniture, think drawers. Furniture can come outfitted with extra nooks and crannies that provide you with room to keep your stuff organized. For instance, both beds and sofas can come with built-in drawers, and loft beds are a great space saver.
- Keep similar things together. When you pack your stuff away, be careful to group things according to when you will be using them. This cuts down on space and time spent searching for that other ski or garden rake—when everything is in the same place, there is no need to go hunting for the rest.
- Use a storage space. Storage spaces can be a great solution when you are trying to organize your stuff. A big problem that can be solved by renting a storage space is how to store seasonal equipment. Gardening supplies or sports gear that are only used part of the year take up room for the rest of it. Using a storage space lets you stow what you do not need and make room for what you do.
- Use shelves. Everywhere. Add them in your closet, your pantry, to your walls in the living room—they can come in unique sizes and interesting designs to give your décor flair, and they increase your storage capacity. Hooks are also an interesting option, and keeps things off of the ground.
- Fit your car into the garage. Your garage is a great piece of space, and it should never become so cramped that your cars are banished outside. What do you do? There are many garage organizational systems that you can find incorporating shelves, hooks, bins, and drawers that will give you the space that you need to keep your items stored and your car under your roof.
If you are cramped for space and you are looking for a way to store your things in the New York City area, you should explore Chelsea Mini Storage, with affordable prices and the space to make you better organized.